Sunday, 29 December 2013

Peace On Earth


This Christmas I was so excited about some of the gifts I gave.  It's such a great feeling to find something special, for someone special, knowing the gift will mean a lot regardless of the size or cost. I was actually quite proud of myself and all my great finds. I thought for sure this year I was going to give more than I could ever receive...wrong!

My receiving started well before the 25th. One huge gift came from friends in the fitness community. Fellow fitness instructors and many participants went in on the most amazing gift for me and Mike...I'm still in shock. Over seventy names were written on the cards that accompanied the gift. Wow!

I received many other special gifts as well, including one from Mike. With help from some elves (who happen to look a lot like his sisters), Mike gave me a gift that took my breath away. I will cherish his gift for the rest of my life. But as I ponder gifts given and received throughout the season, I continually give thanks for the best gift I was given...another Christmas with Mike!

Every day with Mike is a gift and the peace we have in the midst of ALS is also an amazing gift. For Christians, Christmas is about the perfect gift given to an imperfect humanity on the very first Christmas; Jesus Christ. And the peace that comes from knowing Him is inconceivable. I am not offended if you don't celebrate Christ at Christmas...Season's Greetings and Happy Holidays to you for sure. But if you do celebrate Christ at Christmas and if you know him personally every day of the year then you may know about this peace that surpasses all understanding that I am talking about.

Oswald Chambers puts it this way: When you really see Jesus, I defy you to doubt Him. If you see Him when He says, "Let not your heart be troubled...", I defy you to worry. It is virtually impossible to doubt when He is there. Every time you are in personal contact with Jesus, His words are real to you. "My peace I give you" - a peace which brings an unconstrained confidence and covers you completely, from the top of your head to the soles of your feet. "Your life is hidden with Christ in God, "and the peace of Jesus Christ that cannot be disturbed has been imparted to you.

Peace on earth came in the form of a baby born in a manger; fully man, fully God...the Messiah. Born to us...a Saviour!

Merry Christmas, Season's Greetings, Happy Holidays...Peace!
Elanna, Peter, Michaela and Luke continue to make us feel at home in their house...we are so grateful and super blessed to be here with them. Thanks for everything you guys! 
 
Me and Mike with our beautiful children and granddaughter Leah. We are all grateful to spend another wonderful Christmas together!
 
Me and Elanna with our parents...luckiest girls in the world!
 
Erin, Nathan and Madison...our greatest gifts
 
Elanna with her gems
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nadine and Mike,

    I have been following your journey. Living vicariously through your blog. What a blessing to have Jesus! May his grace continue to be upon you and your lovely family. May this be the most memorable New Year... Ever!

    Love your friends,

    Jason and Kelly Smeltzer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...Happy New Year to you! God bless!

    ReplyDelete