Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Inspired!


I wake up and look at Mike. His eyes are open. He looks at me and smiles.
Mike inspires me every day!

He inspires those of us around him to receive each day as a gift and to live it to the fullest under any circumstance.
It’s impossible to feel down or unhappy around Mike.

He makes me smile a hundred times or more a day.
He never complains and still looks forward to watching Judge Judy on TV or an NHL hockey game.

He takes nothing for granted and appreciates small things like watching his granddaughter hunt for hidden Easter eggs.
He nods and smiles when we find a comfortable place for his arms propped on pillows and it makes me feel good.

A few minutes later he wants to stand up, so I slowly lift his arms off the pillows and raise his chair. I help him to his feet and lean him up against his chair and he is happy there for a while.
A runner once, a soccer player, a great athlete: now he stands a little and has accomplished a lot.

He remains calm, content and strong.
Mike inspires me every day. His courage, determination and positive attitude just blows me away!
                                                         In Bulgaria - December 2012

1 comment:

  1. Your story is a huge inspiration to many Nadine and I thank you for posting with such vulnerability and honesty. I am sure many of us who read of your strength and courage ,we carry you in our hearts and hands to the Throne of Grace every time you are in our thoughts. Is there anyway to get a home address if I wanted to send something along to you ? I live in Pitt Meadows and my email is nancycollet@shaw.ca. I understand if you want to preserve your privacy.Give Mike a big smile and hug from us, Nancy and Dennis Collet. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete